Search results will open in a new window on

Investor Services

The investor services team assists shareholders with replacements of lost share certificates, estate transfers, confirmation of ownership, assistance with our online portal and updating shareholder details such as addresses and mail and dividend preferences.

Click on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to get help with some of your questions.

    • We provide a direct information line for investors or their representatives; respond to written inquiries; replace lost certificates; assist with legal transfers of securities, and receive and update investor addresses and online access to the informational portal.

      • Shareholder assistance and communication
      • Correspondence coordination
      • Access with navigation for Investor Insite (securityholder online information portal)
      • Guidance with the transfer process
      • Compliance with regulatory requirements and reporting, placement of stops
      • Replacement of lost securities and dividend cheques
      • Estate related transfers
      • Signature Guarantee Bond Program
      • Research
    • To gain access to the Investor InSite portal, please complete and submit the Investor InSite registration form. Once we receive the form, you will be provided with the necessary access codes..

      Access Investor InSite
    • Read the frequently asked questions and find the answers you are looking for.

      View Information


Investor Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

    • Authorization from the registered shareholder is required to change your mailing address. Please provide the following details to help us identify your account:

      • Name of the company in which you own shares
      • Name of shareholder as listed on the stock certificate or Direct Registration System (DRS) statement, Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) statement or dividend cheque
      • Previous address
      • New address

      Send these details by:

      TSX Trust Company
      301-100 Adelaide Street West
      Toronto, ON M5H 4H1 

      416 361-0470
      Attn: Investor Services

    • Address Change Form
    • If your shares are held in certificate or DRS form, you must contact a registered stock broker to sell your shares. As Transfer Agent, we do not buy or sell shares nor can we facilitate such transactions.

      If you participate in a Dividend Reinvestment Plan, please review your plan to determine if you are permitted to sell your shares.

    • If a stock certificate is lost, destroyed, misplaced or stolen, it must be reported to us right away. You will be asked to provide written notice by email (, fax (416 361-0470 Attn: Investor Services) or mail.

      It is important that you identify the name of the issuer (i.e. the name of the company of which you own shares), the certificate number(s) and number of shares in your letter. Upon receipt of the written request, we will place a temporary stop against the certificate(s) to prevent any unauthorized transfer of the shares. We will send you the necessary replacement paperwork which includes the purchasing of a Lost Security Surety Bond calculated at a percentage of the market value of the securities being replaced and the completion of an Affidavit of Loss and Agreement to Indemnity.

    • Notice of Lost Certificate Form
    • Please check with us to determine if the Issuing Corporation (Issuer) is DRS Participating. If they are and provided the certificates are not affixed with any legends restricting the transfer of the shares, you may submit the certificates along with the below form.

    • Direct Registration System Form
    • To request the replacement of a dividend cheque that we have issued and that has been lost or is stale dated,

      Please provide the following details to help us identify your account:

      • Name of the company in which you own shares
      • Name of shareholder as listed on the stock certificate or dividend cheque
      • Payable date of cheque (if known)
      • Total amount of cheque (if known)

      Send these details by:

      TSX Trust Company
      301-100 Adelaide Street West
      Toronto, ON M5H 4H1

      Fax 416 361-0470
      Attn: Investor Services

Transferring Shares

    • Your stock certificate and appropriate documentation should be mailed to our Toronto office at 301-100 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, ON M5H 4H1.

      It is the responsibility of the sender to ensure that the certificate is delivered to TSX Trust. We recommend that you send all certificates through a traceable mail service (e.g. registered or certified mail with tracking and/or return receipt requested).

    • To change the ownership of a security, the following will be required:

      • Presentation of the original stock certificate(s). If the shares are held in book entry form (DRS, DRIP etc.) submit the Statement
      • A formal signed letter of instruction which details the transfer by providing the name and address of the transferee(s) and the number of shares to be issued to each. See below on information for different types of registrations.
      • A Securities Transfer Form with a medallion guarantee endorsement of the current registered shareholder as reflected on the stock certificate. See below for information if the registered shareholder is deceased.

      In some cases, we may require additional documents to complete the transfer. Please contact our stock transfer team for additional information:

    • Securities Transfer Form

Restricted Securities

In some cases, securities have restrictions that must be removed prior to transferring or selling shares. For information on how to remove such restrictions, please contact our Stock Transfer team who can provide all required forms:

Which Canadian bank Signature Guarantees are acceptable? 

  • Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotia Bank)
  • The Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD Canada Trust)
  • Royal Bank of Canada (RBC Royal Bank)

All other Canadian Schedule 1 Banks were removed from the list at their request. They are all active participants in an acceptable medallion program and transfer agents should not accept their bank guarantees.

The following site can be used to access the Medallion Signature Guarantee Website to locate Canadian Bank Medallion Guarantors:

    • Canadian brokers and investment dealers use a Medallion Guarantee stamp when guaranteeing signatures on certificates being presented for transfer. The medallion stamp warrants that, at the time of signing:

      • the signature was genuine;
      • the signer was an appropriate person to endorse; and
      • the signer had legal capacity to sign.

      All US institutions currently use Medallion stamps issued by the Securities Transfer Agents Medallion Program (STAMP), Stock Exchanges Medallion Program (SEMP) or the New York Stock Exchange Inc., Medallion Signature Program (NYSE MSP).

      The following site can be used to access the Medallion Signature Guarantee Website to locate Guarantors -

    • Signature Guarantees affixed by foreign institutions including banks must be over-guaranteed by an acceptable Medallion guarantee from a North American bank, broker, investment dealer or other institution, or acceptable major Canadian Schedule I chartered bank before the Transfer Agent will process the transfer.

      Most foreign banks have a Canadian or American affiliate or correspondent that will provide the over-guarantee based on the foreign bank initial guarantee of the signature.

      For holders located outside North America, present the DRS and/or documents that require a guarantee to a local financial institution that has a corresponding Canadian or American affiliate which is a member of an acceptable Medallion Signature Guarantee Program. The corresponding affiliate will arrange for the signature to be over-guaranteed.

    • An estate transfer is a process that legally changes the holdings registered in the name of the deceased to another i.e: spouse, children, or any entitled or appointed beneficiary. The appropriate package outlining the forms, fees and documents required to transfer the shareholdings can/will only be sent after we receive responses concerning the status of the estate.

      Please provide confirmation regarding the following:

      • Are you in possession of the original certificate registered in the name of the deceased?
      • Is the estate probated or non-probated?

      Please send us the information via email ( fax (416 361-0470 - Attn: Investor Services) or mail.