Search results will open in a new window on


How do I change my address?

Authorization from the registered shareholder is required to change your mailing address. Please provide the following details to help us identify your account:

  • Name of the company in which you own shares
  • Name of shareholder as listed on the stock certificate or Direct Registration System (DRS) statement, Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRIP) statement or dividend cheque
  • Previous address
  • New address

Send these details by:


TSX Trust Company
301-100 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 4H1





416 361-0470
Attn: Investor Services

Address Change Form

How do I sell my shares?

If your shares are held in certificate or DRS form, you must contact a registered stock broker to sell your shares. As Transfer Agent, we do not buy or sell shares nor can we facilitate such transactions.

If you participate in a Dividend Reinvestment Plan, please review your plan to determine if you are permitted to sell your shares.

How do I replace a lost certificate?

If a stock certificate is lost, destroyed, misplaced or stolen, it must be reported to us right away. You will be asked to provide written notice by email (, fax (416 361-0470 Attn: Investor Services) or mail.

It is important that you identify the name of the issuer (i.e. the name of the company of which you own shares), the certificate number(s) and number of shares in your letter. Upon receipt of the written request, we will place a temporary stop against the certificate(s) to prevent any unauthorized transfer of the shares. We will send you the necessary replacement paperwork which includes the purchasing of a Lost Security Surety Bond calculated at a percentage of the market value of the securities being replaced and the completion of an Affidavit of Loss and Agreement to Indemnity.

Notice of Lost Certificate Form

How can I exchange my certificates for DRS shares?

Please check with us to determine if the Issuing Corporation (Issuer) is DRS Participating. If they are and provided the certificates are not affixed with any legends restricting the transfer of the shares, you may submit the certificates along with the below form.

Direct Registration System Form

How do I replace a dividend cheque?

To request the replacement of a dividend cheque that we have issued and that has been lost or is stale dated,

Please provide the following details to help us identify your account:

  • Name of the company in which you own shares
  • Name of shareholder as listed on the stock certificate or dividend cheque
  • Payable date of cheque (if known)
  • Total amount of cheque (if known)

Send these details by:


TSX Trust Company
301-100 Adelaide Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 4H1





416 361-0470
Attn: Investor Services

Transferring Shares

How should I mail shares for transfer to TSX Trust?

Your stock certificate and appropriate documentation should be mailed to our Toronto office at 301-100 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, ON M5H 4H1.

It is the responsibility of the sender to ensure that the certificate is delivered to TSX Trust. We recommend that you send all certificates through a traceable mail service (e.g. registered or certified mail with tracking and/or return receipt requested).

How do I transfer shares?

To change the ownership of a security, the following will be required:

  • Presentation of the original stock certificate(s). If the shares are held in book entry form (DRS, DRIP etc.) submit the Statement
  • A formal signed letter of instruction which details the transfer by providing the name and address of the transferee(s) and the number of shares to be issued to each. See below on information for different types of registrations.
  • A Securities Transfer Form with a medallion guarantee endorsement of the current registered shareholder as reflected on the stock certificate. See below for information if the registered shareholder is deceased.

In some cases, we may require additional documents to complete the transfer. Please contact our stock transfer team for additional information:

Securities Transfer Form

Restricted Securities

In some cases, securities have restrictions that must be removed prior to transferring or selling shares. For information on how to remove such restrictions, please contact our Stock Transfer team who can provide all required forms:

What is a "Medallion Guarantee"?

A Medallion Guarantee takes the form of a stamp and signature on a stock certificate or Securities Transfer Form. A Medallion Guarantee is obtained from an eligible institution, such as a Commercial Bank, Broker or Trust Company. The Guarantee provides transfer agents with the assurance that the person signing a stock certificate or stock power is the authorized individual. Only institutions participating in an officially recognized Medallion Guarantee program may provide this Medallion Guarantee. You must obtain a Guarantee on your transfer documents prior to submitting your transfer.

How do I transfer shares in the name of a decedent?

An estate transfer is a process that legally changes the holdings registered in the name of the deceased to another i.e: spouse, children, or any entitled or appointed beneficiary. The appropriate package outlining the forms, fees and documents required to transfer the shareholdings can/will only be sent after we receive responses concerning the status of the estate.

Please provide confirmation regarding the following:

  • Do you have the original certificate registered in the name of the deceased?
  • Is the estate probated or non-probated?

Please send us the information via email ( fax (416 361-0470 - Attn: Investor Services) or mail.